Friday, February 22, 2008

It's Been One Month

So I guess it has been one month exactly since I posted a blog. I usually am so tired and/or have so much I'm trying to yet squeeze into the day that it just doesn't happen but then there are those times (and really right now is one of them) where when I think about it, I just don't have the heart to do it. Let me explain this.

So it was actually my mom that pointed it out to me. The day the flowers arrived, the last post I posted, just happened to be exactly 5 months since Jesse deployed. I talked on the computer with him one more time after that day and then that was that for 13 days. The only reason I got a call on the 13th day was because I was having such a hard time I had them send a message down range (it means someone from the company still stationed here emailed or called someone in the company in Iraq).

Things were good for a bit. He bought a cell phone so he could keep in touch with me more. He has to prepay on it (it runs about $0.20 per min). Now here is where my heart isn't in blogging right now. The last I heard from him, was 9 days ago. He called me the night before Valentine's Day (his Valentine's Day). We talked for a very long time, in fact, he ran out of time. He said he was going to purchase more minutes but that was the last I have heard from him.

Today marks 6 months since we said good-bye, or rather, I'll see you later. Since the kids and I last hugged and kissed him. So I guess you can figure, if you don't see a blog from me, I'm either really busy (and I'm trying so hard to surprise him with some new things on R&R, including a new me - works:) ) or my heart just isn't in it to blog and needs some time.

I know you all want to see the kids, so here are a couple pics I took Valentine's night. They are all tucked in with the new blankets I made them. I got them a little bit of candy but I thought the blankets were even better (and won't rot the teeth :) ).

4 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

I have been checking in here every few days to see how you are doing. I still have a candle burning every night for you-I am on the fourth one now. I finally bought a scented one so it didnt smell waxy, so this one is gardenia. Are ya missing Michigan and all the nasty snow and ice and crap? If so, I can put some in a zippie and send it. I didnthink you were gonna do much with the Yahoo group anymore, so I unsubbed-trying to simplify stuff and get away from Yahoo and its spam. If you do anything later,let me know. Hugs to thos beautiful babies and get some photos of them awake and being crazy!

Mom Jones said...

I have read and re-read this posting from your heart several times. I have cried each time. I think I will read it each morning and renew my prayers to the LORD that He will be your comfort and strength, and that somehow Jesse will be able to contact you more regularly. Thanks for writing this so honestly. Please do not feel obligated to explain to all of us why you are not posting ... shame on any of us if we are hard on you! We will just increase our prayers for you each day.

Your blankets turned out beautifully for the children. Nice pictures too. I clicked on each one of the pictures so they would be big on my screen and touched their little faces ... I miss them terribly. We head on down to see all of you in three weeks and two days. I am definitely on a countdown!

Sabrina said...

I am still praying for you and Jesse and the kids but I will step it up! I second Mom in that you are not obligated to explain why you aren't blogging- you are super busy! I am so glad you wrote so honestly though so I know how to better pray for you and try to love on you from a distance.
Did you make the blankets yourself? They look great. I love Emma's princess one. Kiss the kids for me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey: Sorry I made you feel
guilty cause it seemed so long since there was a new blog. But I got spoiled checking it daily. With your
schedule and Jesse's new busier schedule, I really am amazed you found time to blog at all. The blankets came out great and the big
smiles on their faces tell it all. The feelings you have seem to be perfecly normal for someone in your situation. But, also it is part of
Army life--the hardest. There are
lots of people praying hard for you,Jesse, and the kids every day. We love you all really big. mom and dad from ice and snow country.