Wednesday, January 14, 2009

El Paso, TX to Springfield, MO

I'm a bit behind on posting all this but like I said, I'm going to get it done:) Here is a pic of Mitzi trying to come along in my suitcase (no not really, she just likes laying on our clothes).


The first day we decided to drive as much as possible. We knew we would be heading into bad weather the farther north we got and were losing 2 hr of time as we went along as well (from mountain time to eastern).


Jesse and I took turns driving. He still did the majority of it but at least I started out and drove (with stops) for approximately 8 hrs of the day. It is supposed to be a 26hr trip and we did the first 15+ in one day.


Nothing really to say, nothing really to see. We made pretty good time and the kids did pretty well. Note how they all fell asleep.


We arrived at the Best Western in Springfield, MO quite late and got tucked right in. No spare time tonight, we just had to sleep and get back on the road. Here is a picture of the kids all tucked in for the night.


Matty was the last up in the morning.


Jesse having a breakfast sandwich, compliments of the hotel, heated up by me using our room microwave:)


Me, looking cranky....I must be checking out the weather reports here and dreading, I mean getting all set to hit the road again.


Just an outside pic of the room we stayed in.


And of course, a picture of the lobby/check in building.

Stay tuned, as I will have more postings of the rest of our trip to follow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diana, Jesse, Emma, Chris, & Matt:

Good pictures of the trip to MI. So,
Mitzi likes the suitcase too. The
kids really zonked out in the car
and in the nice motel in which you
stayed. Really a memorable Christmas
journey. Love you all and miss you
really big.

Sabrina said...

Not much to see in some parts of Texas huh? That or Illinois we've learned too... can't wait to see more pictures of your trip.

Mom Jones said...

Nice photos of your trip, Diana. I'm thinking you are glad to be on THIS side of it ... it certainly is a long drive, but we've gotten kind of used to it! :)