Monday, August 06, 2007

Quite the Shower!

The very first day Grandma and Grandpa Jones visited we had a huge down pour in the afternoon. Jesse had dropped them off and got them checked into their hotel, where they nestled in and took a nap (they had just a bit of sleep deprivation). I waited until Jesse got home to take a little one myself. I was just getting comfortable when I heard a noise. I thought to myself, whatever could that be. Well then the rain started, oh, I got it, it was the wind. I get up for a min to make sure Jesse has his car windows up (since most of the time they are not).

Now let me back up here for just a second. That morning before the parents arrived I had cleaned our inflatable pool. Well I had left it outside to dry, inflated and without water in it. So now you see, my next thought and before I could even say it, as Jesse saw me go to our slider he remarked, "Where is the pool??". Sure enough, it had taken off! I ran to the front, it was in our next door neighbors back yard (which is kinda like our side yard). Jesse yelled at me, "Don't you go out there!" Of course then I also remember, when he took all of he car seats out of the car, he left them on the front porch (covered, but with high winds, not a safe place for them). So I go out and grab a seat. When I looked up again, the pool had moved down yet another yard. So of course I just had to run out and get it. By the time I hit our yard coming back with it, the hail started (ouch!). Needless to say I was able to track it down and get it put away in our outside storage closet and at the same time, had quite the shower!

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

I've had to do the same only with a tent at our old house. Thankfully it blew into the large field next to us where it lodged into a tree without ripping at all. I had to wait to get it though b/c I couldn't see past 20 feet. I like the pictures and what a cute top!

Mom Jones said...

Why is it everywhere we go we bring rain with us? We had a wonderful time at Fort Bliss even with the rain. We left you a week ago already and miss you very much.

Jan Scholl said...

Do you know how weird it is to have to remember you are not on the other side of the state so I can ask how the weather is over there? I can ask how it is in Texas and I already know-freaky. Oh wait--that describes Michigan too!

Send some rain but keep the tornados. I already lost one umbrella this year and got a new one and bolted it to the deck! take that stupid freaky wind!

Anonymous said...

I put those things that happen it
life on Murphy. And here I told
you to let it dry. (Thanks alot
for that tip, huh.) You got soaked, but you look good, honey.
Do you remember I used to have to
chase the shutters that were on our
house every time it rained or blew
hard. That's why we don't have
shutters anymore. I'm so glad
Jesse's parents got to visit. We
read Jesse's comments upon his folks leaving, and understand. We
all have to just count on knowing
that we all carry our love for one
another in our hearts now and always, and that isn't going to
change. Around here, we often have
big lumps in our throats. All our
love.