Monday, August 13, 2007

Sadness

There is actually a lot of sadness right now. My husband, my best friend is getting set to go on 'tour' as it is called. I actually got asked "are you ready". Personally I would never ask another military wife, mother or the like that question. You can talk all you want about it. You can even prep for it. But truly when it comes down to it, I don't think one can REALLY ever be ready. Even overtime, not ready, but adjust would be more like it.

So do me a favor, please don't ask me if I'm ready, because honestly, I'm not. And when he first leaves, the answer to "how are you" honestly will be not good. I have to be strong, not only for my children and myself but mostly for Jesse.

In addition to what is going on with us, over the weekend I learned from a friend that she lost her baby;( Beginning of next month they were going to find out what they were having and just like that, the baby is in heaven. And if that isn't hard enough, her husband is deployed and she has other children to care for.

Now as if all that isn't enough, do you know what the divorce rate is in the US. Ok I'm not sure but I know it is pretty high. You never do think it will happen to me, or to my friends or family. But really, it does. In fact, I have 2 very good (totally unrelated - and don't ask because I won't name names) friends who are going through it:( One almost final, the other near the beginning. If you happen to be one of those friends reading this, just know this, I'm always here for you and I love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, Jesse, Emma, Christopher, and
and Matthew are always in our thoughts and prayers--- in sadness
and happiness. All our love, us

JonesChronicles said...

Diana, I've been thinking of you, too. I'm sure I cannot begin to grasp the feelings you are experiencing, and I know there is no way to ease the pain. I have been praying that you'll find some source of encouragement. I feel your burden, however, as you struggle to be strong for everyone in your family. What a lot of weight to bear. We will be praying for all of you, OK?

Mom Jones said...

I read this very early morning at work today and then I couldn't stop crying ... I want to write words of strength and encouragement but feel too sad myself ... so I will use my own sadness to pray for all of you. I think a mom's sadness is far different than that of a wife (much greater for a wife) and so my heart goes out to all of you ... it's really not the worry about where Jes is going exactly because I do trust the Lord for whatever future He has in store for all of us ... it's just that it is so very far away and for such a long time. Please know that I am praying and loving all of you.

Sabrina said...

You know I am praying for you and the kids and for Jes! I cannot fully understand what this is like and I will try so hard to not say something stupid about it all. If I do, please pardon my stupidity! I can say that I love you and Jes and the kids and have been and will continue to pray for all of you. I know too how it is to be strong for the family when all you want is to sit down and let it all out, but can't; I am praying for you dear sister! My arms, my home is always open to you! Come over whenever you need to! I love you!

Michele said...

I know how you feel and I know it sucks. I am here for a shoulder....a reassuring phone call..an email...whatever you need (okay..whatever you need other than a babysitter...cause that's a long drive dang it!)

but you know I"m here for you..and always will be! from one old wife to one new wife...huge hugs gal.... smile