Wednesday, December 12, 2007

21 Stockings

Hand crafted, filled with love and shipped off to Iraq!


These are pictures of the stocking Jesse is getting.


I know so many of our soldiers are putting their lives on the line day in and day out and don't receive a single piece of mail. With Christmas around the corner, I was determined that at least those serving with Jesse from his unit would not be forgot or ignored. So, I tracked down the perfect material, cut out my stockings and sewed them all together. I shopped ever so carefully trying to get items they could use and enjoy (I hope I exceeded in this).

I packed each of the stockings carefully. Made a bitty little card for each of them. Packed them all in one big box, with some extra goodies of course and shipped them off to Iraq yesterday. I know I'm past the guaranteed ship date, but I'm hoping and praying it will arrive in time for Christmas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super job Punkin! We're really proud of you! Jesse and the other soldiers will be so pleased and grateful. You're a special person. Love Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey: So glad you achieved the
goal you set for yourself. Beautiful
job. I know those stockings will be
a ray of sunshine no matter when they
get them. They look so great. We
love you all with all our hearts.

mom

Mom Jones said...

WOW! Good for you, Diana. What a nice gift for so many! :) We'll pray it arrives at exactly the right time!

Kristin said...

They will love them. My best friend Jill's hubby just came back from his tour in Iraq. You are truly wonderful for doing that!