Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our Big Day

I have only on off tried potty training Matthew because he really doesn't seem ready although somewhat interested. Well yesterday, when I was getting the kids lunch set Matty was in the kitchen with me and started making those 'I'm going to poop' noises. I know all Moms know those. Well I asked him if he was going and normally he would say no but this time he said yes. So I dropped what I was doing and toted him off to the potty, Matt protesting the whole way. I put the seat on the toilet, took off his diaper and sat him down.


I sat with him to help him be comfortable. Usually he gets uptight and won't do anything but to my surprise he went. I praised him over and over again and gave him one of his potty treats (these really worked with Chris). Emma and Christopher also praised him and cheered him on, it was so sweet.

3 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

Woo hoo Matthew. Everyone in Michigan is proud of you too. And you know who is probably clapping his hands and cheering for you? Daddy. Yup, he thinks that you are such a good little man and when all the diapers are done and you don't want to use them anymore, that means more cool dollars for fun stuff like pizza parties and going to the beach. Way to go little guy!

Jan Scholl said...

HAppy Birthday too Chickie!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Matthew, Grandma and Grandpa are real proud of you and love you a whole bunch. See you in a few weeks. Love, Grandma and Grandpa