Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Until Next Time.......

We never say goodbye, its just not how it is, but until we see you again. Its what we were all told to say when they first deployed. Its not the end, just a temporary time away.

Taking Jesse to the airport was not easy. His fight was to leave at 6am so the kids and I got him there by 4:45am. We got in line to get his ticket and wouldn't you know, the flight was canceled. They placed him on the next one they had going out which wasn't until 8am. Since this was the last time we would be with Jesse for a bit, we stayed.

Being military allows us to get special tickets that take us to the gate, so we ALL went through the security checkpoint.

I love this shot of Emma and her Daddy.


Oh the wait was so long.


But it was really nice to have these last few moments with Jesse to hold onto until we see him again.


And then off he went.


See you in the fall Jesse. We'll all be here waiting for you! Love you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well for me its better to be more realistic.

Anonymous said...

Such a nice blog. I hope you will create another post like this.

Anonymous said...

If im in the situation of the owner of this blog. I dont know how to post this kind of topic. he has a nice idea.

Anonymous said...

Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.

Nina S said...

You have such a positive attitude about your husband's deployment. I hope the times flies for you and your children, and I pray that your husband stays safe!

Oh, and your kids are adorable...all that blond hair!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the owner of this blog. Ive enjoyed reading this topic.

Sabrina said...

thanks for posting this di!

Mom Jones said...

Whew. It's hard not to cry looking at these pictures. So I guess I'll just do that (cry) and then look at them again. I'm glad you don't say good-bye ~ it's too hard.

Is Emma taking some of those pictures for you?

Who are all of these weird comments coming from (the lottery and gamgling ones)? I got a real strange one yesterday on my blog too about Jackson!

Counting down the days until we see you and praying much for all of you. Love to you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Diana: These are great pictures
and a great blog. Did Chris take a picture for you. It's hard to look
at the pictures and not feel sad, but
you all look so good. It makes Dad
and I feel very proud the way you
and Jesse handeled it. Our prayers
are with you always and all ways.
mom and dad hand