Friday, July 20, 2007

Flash Flood!


I didn't even know we were expecting rain, let alone a giant downpour with hail none the less. See the above picture? I pulled that off a news site. The dark clouds looming over, lightening filling the sky. Let me tell you, they are not in anyway prepared for big rains down here. There is no place for the water to go so it just floods the streets.

I can tell you Jesse was safe at home. Now the kids and I, well we had driven a friend to a dr appt at the hospital (WBAMC). Out our way home, the rains hit, and they hit hard. Hail was bouncing off our car, I slowed to about 10 mpr, had my flashers & lights on as well my wipers on high. Yet for a big part I could barely see and even times it was just too thick of blanket I couldn't see at all. Once we got close to a gate (not the normal one I would go in), we entered the post. Even if we had to leave the car, I felt a lot better just being on base. But thankfully, we all made it home safe! Where the rains stopped shortly after.

3 comments:

Mom Jones said...

That sounds scary -- I'm glad you all made it back to base safely! I hate driving in hard rain -- and I don't think I have ever driven through hail!

Sabrina said...

Welcome to Texas! Everything really is bigger in Texas huh? And yes, all of Texas floods in heavy rains. I'm glad you made it home all safe and sound again.

Lindsy said...

Oh my goodness! How scary! So glad you made it home safely....that is such a horrid feeling to be driving a car and unable to see because of the weather.