Monday, September 03, 2007

The Day We Wished Would Never Come!

August 22, 2007

We all get up in the morning and drop Jesse off at his company by 5:30am. By 9:45am I get a call that we can meet him in the gym. The kids and I rush out and drive just down the road. Park and walk in. We ended up staying in the gym and spending our last hours with Jesse. The kids mostly ran around and played with other kids. They even provided lunch for us.


Emma just hanging around.


Jesse and his weapon.


I love this man!!!!


Here they are lining up to get ready to head out. They left the gym at about 2pm.


Over 200 soldiers deployed that day!


Jesse is the one with his helmet behind him.


Getting on the buses to take them to the plane.


The air plane that will take them half way around the world. Set to depart at about 5pm. Yes, I took the kids out to watch it go.


I have many pictures of them getting on the plane but the camera I have with me isn't so good and I couldn't really tell if I got a picture of Jesse in any of them for sure or not so I'm just posting one.


The flight getting ready to take off.


See the little white dot in the sky below the clouds? Yup, thats them! Now that you have read through this and seen all my pictures, check out this great slide show made by PV2 Angie Barber!


5 comments:

Sabrina said...

Thank you for posting the pictures. Glad to see you start blogging again too. I've missed seeing what's new with all of you. I love you! That was a beautiful slideshow she put together.

Lindsy said...

Oh Di~
You guys are in our prayers.....for Jesse's safe return and for you being a single parent now.
I just found out that Luke is scheduled to go back to Iraq in April 2008.

Anonymous said...

Hi again honey:

We're glad to see the pictures of
that day even tho it's hard to
watch with the huge lump in my
throat; yet, I am so proud of all
of you. It shows us what the day
was like for you and all the soldiers and their families. Thnks
for posting the pictures. Love, mom

Mom Jones said...

This was wonderful, Diana. Many thoughts and prayers for all of you. We will look forward to seeing pictures of Emma's b'day and school pictures too! :) We miss you!

JonesChronicles said...

Diana, My heart sank just reading this post and viewing the emotion of the day. Just seeing pictures of Jesse looking at Matthew was incredibly special--it's obvious he loves all of you! I purchased some little activity kits for your kids. I meant to mail them and haven't gotten around to it, so I'll send them with Dad and Mom Jones, OK? It's not much, but I thought maybe you could give them to the kids when you are feeling overwhelmed. Also, your blog for Jesse is a fabulous idea. It will help him feel much closer to home. Loving you all!