Thursday, November 29, 2007

Chris' Party!

I decided not to do anything really big this year. We had a nice day at home with a couple of close friends. We started out by having some pizza, then cake and on to the presents. All the kids had a fun time together.


I stopped by the Commissary this morning and got the cake. I planned on just picking up a plain cake and adding the cars I had for him to it. Well I decided to ask if they would just spray a road on it for the regular decorated price vs paying for a novelty, since I already had toys for it and all. The gal got a cake, spayed and decorated it just like their "Cars" cake for me with no additional cost! How nice was that?!?


I had no idea, but the frosting turned out to be the whipped kind. Which it actually tasted pretty good. The kids sure loved it! Marble cake with whipped icing!


Chris received clothes, pjs (shown), sheets and a "Cars" picture/sticker book from his Grandma and Grandpa Hand. And yes, he went to bed in those pjs tonight!


He got a Dino playset, Hot wheels cars with dinosaurs on them and a bunch of dino babies from his Grandma and Grandpa Jones. Of course has asked to open them right then.

In the morning before school, I gave him a stuffed Mator that talked. If you pushed his buttons, he would tell jokes. That rode with us to and from school today. In addition, Jesse and I gave him a Mega Blocks set with Lightning McQueen, My first Tool caddy (a little project by Craftsman) and a Write and Learn Letter Pad by Vtech.


Needless to say, Christopher had a very happy birthday!!

6 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

Hot Wheels rule. Happy Birthday Christopher from freezing Michigan.

Mom Jones said...

Christopher got some wonderful presents -- from everybody! He looks like he enjoyed opening all of his gifts very much. And what a great looking cake! YUM! I went out with friends last night and thought I would be home early enough to call and say Happy Birthday to Chris, but I didn't make it home early enough ... perhaps I can talk to him tonight. We woke up to several inches of blowing but accumulating snow ... BRRR!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chris. Looks like you had a lot of fun on your birthday.

Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christopher:

Grandpa and uncle David and I are
so happy you had a great special
day. The food looked yummy at your
party and what a great cake. Thanks for showing us your presents
with such a great smile. I am glad
you got to see and talk with daddy.
Mommy did such a good job taking pictures so we can all see how much
fun you had. You give Emma and Matthew big us from me and grandpa
and mommy too. We love you big
4-year old

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chris. You are growing into such a big boy. What a great party you had. Grandma, David and I love you a whole bunch. Grandpa

Ginny said...

Happy Bday Chris! Di, I tagged you, check out my blog for details :)