Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

This was the first year that we didn't spend Thanksgiving with any of our family. In the morning, I got up and put in a turkey. It was my friend's turkey but I told her I would make it as she was preparing a lot more. I actually started the night before. I made the green bean casserole then, except for the topping and made sure the turkey was ready for the next morning. That was definitely the largest turkey I had ever made before, coming it at just over 22lbs. The next morning I got up just before 7 and put the turkey in. I had put a rub on it the night before then then of course basted it all the way through cooking. I even borrowed my friends injector and injected it a bit when it was cooking. After everything was ready, we headed over to our friends house.


Yeah, we had a lot of great food! And some great people to spend time with. One thing that is nice about being military. If you are far from home and loved ones, the military comes together and becomes our own family.


We had lot of fun! Ate a few different times, main course and desert. We also played some games. The kids all played great together. Which is pretty good for having 8 kids together, ok one was a baby but still. We ended up getting home around 11PM. I put the kids right to bed and was able to tell Jesse all about it online.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We missed you Jesse!!

2 comments:

Mom Jones said...

Wow -- that is one tasty-looking 22-pound turkey, Diana. I'm glad you guys were able to get together with friends and have a good time. We missed all of you here with us, but we still had much to be thankful for ... :) Nice pictures, Diana!

Anonymous said...

Hey, honey good picture of you in the
snow, too. You look good. What a
feast. The turkey and all the
food looks so. Kinda drooling here
just looking at it. Great pictures
of you and the kids; can't believe
how much they've grown. You look so
pretty. I agree you've got some
good family there. What a great
cook you've become. It was a
quieter table at Thanksgiving here
and you all were missed for sure.
We prayed for you all and Jesse.
Love, and God Bless