Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Myspace Layouts, Myspace graphics

Ok well its late but I wanted to get one out since its a pretty big day being we are a military family and all. Plus this way I can add in a bunch of pictures from our day.

Nicholas


The girls dancing while eating a snack. Emma and Alana.


Riley


The kids and their 4th of July shirts.


We had a pretty laid back day. Just had some friends over to bbq and hang out. No fireworks for us this year. They are forbidden here in the city and of course on post. We thought there was supposed to be a big display put on by the post though but either because of our weather (high fire hazard) or it was just put on somewhere far away, in any event, there were none for us last night.

Amanda and I


Christy and I


Our friends from next door and a couple blocks away came over. I got the pool set and the kids had a great time playing in it. Then after our bbq, we attempted to roast marshmallows over a grill:-) All in all, we had a great time.

This is Pixie, our neighbors dog. Pixie also enjoyed our 4th of July. See near the end of grilling, I put on a 1/2 pack of hot dogs and totally forgot about them. It wasn't until the kids yelled in asking who was going to get them off the grill that I realized. Needless to say they were quite the crispy critter, but Pixie did not care.



Myspace Layouts, Myspace graphics

One last quick note for all our military men and women......


Myspace Layouts, Myspace graphics

Signed this


Myspace Layouts, Myspace graphics

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the blog. Looks like you had a really nice 4th. The shirts for the kids are very appropriate. The patriotic banners say it the way it should be said. Can't wait to see you guys.
Love, Mom and Dad

Mom Jones said...

I didn't realize you had posted until just this minute ... late Sunday afternoon! I've been a bit under with a cold, but hopefully I am on the mend ...

I thought sure there would be huge fireworks on base for you guys, although I appreciate the fire hazard you must be dealing with right now. Those are very nice shirts on the little kids.

See you very soon! :)