Sunday, July 13, 2008

Millennium Park

Today a friend of mine, Lara, called and asked if the kids and I wanted to meet her and two of her kids at Millennium park. We had never gone although I had wanted to before (don't worry Grandma Jones, we can certainly go again, in fact it will be so much better now that they are acquainted with the park a bit).


After lunch we got ready and drove out to the park. Once inside, they had a little beach, climbing area for the kids and splash park. We started out by meeting up on the beach. The kids were introduced to the water, thankfully it wasn't as cold as I was expecting since I had to go in with them.


Matty was too keen on the water at first.



After playing in the water for a bit, we headed over to the little play area and let the kids climb a bit. Give us a chance to dry off a bit and warm up. The park/climbing area really wasn't for little kids. Chris and Emma did pretty good but poor little Matthew was well, just too little yet.


My monkeys!


Next we moved on to the splash area. It was such a cute little area! The kids, especially Christopher had a ton of fun playing. However at one point, while Lara and I sat on one side watching the kids play, somehow Emma got turned around and ended up on the other. Not knowing where she was, she did the right thing and went right up to the lifeguard (well more just someone that watches over the area). I had just realized Emma wasn't playing in front of us and did a scan to find her and saw her sitting with the gal in charge. I got up and started to walk over, once Emma saw me coming she ran right up to me. She told me she couldn't find me so she went to the gal in charge and she called someone and they called someone and they found me (rather I found her but in her mind, they found me). I then brought her back to where we were (you can get an idea in the pictures just how far away it is, but with the water going, you just can't see if you get turned around). I'm so happy she knew just what to do!


I dared Chris to go sit on that. Like he needs a dare to go play in water.


Just a short while later we saw a couple of the Kent County officers that patrol the area walk up. I don't know for sure but I have a feeling they were checking to make sure the 'little girl' had found her Mommy:)

We let the kids play just a bit longer and then decided to head back to the beach for snack. The kids ate a little bit and played in the water just a bit more before we packed up and headed out.

Lara & Grace


Its cold, time to go.


After the park, we all headed on over to Lara's home to have dinner and watch a movie. We all had a great time. Thanks again for having us Lara!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Honey: Looks like you and the
kids had a great time at the Park.
It really looks neat and to think
that is one more place we hadn't
been. Glad you got together with your
friend, Lara. Really glad Emma did
exactly the right thing when she got
confused and didn't see you. Chris
and Emma were bright eyed and ready
for church with grandpa where they
learned about Moses. Matt and Diana
got some much needed rest and then
grandpa fixed some excellent grilled burgers for David and us
and your tribe. Love forever.

Mom Jones said...

I've never been to Millenium Park, so I enjoyed seeing these pictures, Diana. It's Tuesday night and I've only just now logged on to see your pictures! I think we will enjoy visiting there again ~ perhaps in a few days! It looks like a really great place to take children. :)