Monday, June 11, 2007

Finally..........could it be??

That Christopher is actually potty training?? I thought we were there once before, but of course he only did his business on the toilet once (both #1 & #2) and that was just so he could have the shirt I promised him. I'm almost afraid to say it, as I know I will only jinx it. But today, although we have had the rewards now for awhile, today was the first time he ran to the bathroom more then once.

The first was before his nap. I believe he kept that pull up dry for at least an hour (I knew he wouldn't during the nap, but that is ok). Now for Chris, this is pretty huge. Then after he got up from his nap, he used the potty again and put on a new pull up. Between getting up from his nap and going to bed, he managed to keep his pull up dry for a good 2.5 hrs. All were #1's but hey, I am so very proud of him! And of course when I tucked him in to bed tonight, I made sure I told him how very proud I was of him!!

I haven't yet given him his prize, in fact I may see if we can do this again up until nap time tomorrow too before I give it to him. He'll be getting the little die cast car 'Sally' from "Cars". I guess we will just wait and see if he will continue. Crossing my fingers to have just one in diapers. Of course it makes me want to cry too at how fast they grow up when you really stop to think about it.

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

I hope that you aren't jinked. Great job you two! I need to start really working with Jackson...

Mom Jones said...

Way to go you two! :) Please tell Chris that Grandpa and Grandma Jones are proud of him too!

Lindsy said...

WOO HOO! Go Chris!! We just "accomplished" this feat with Paxton :o)

Michele said...

YAY for both of ya!! I just wish that Patrick would start going on the potty....

How are ya girl?? you better call me soon.....

Anonymous said...

Today is the 14th of June. What is the latest update on my big boy Chris?