Thursday, June 21, 2007

Test Week

No, not for school. This week with Jesse gone, I figured it to be kinda my test week to see how we/I do when he deploys. Of course we couldn't have an uneventful week (which to the testing aspect can be a good thing). Monday night, our first night without Jesse, I'm bathing the kids and Chris accidentally bumps his wound, and it bleeds a little. Now let me back up just a second. Since he came home Friday night, it was starting to look worse, I guess Sunday into Monday mostly. No matter what, it shouldn't bleed at all, not even a little, especially with a little bump. I made him sit on the couch while I called the nurse line at the hospital. They seemed to think it wasn't that big a deal (ok so it bleed for 30 sec. maybe) but did say it shouldn't do that. I put the kids down for the night. The next morning I even got a follow up call. Everything was still going fine. Although check out the picture I took of him Tuesday.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday night, the kids are playing and according to Chris as I was in the other room, Emma while playing, hit him in the head, of course on the wound. Again, it starts bleeding, in fact when he came to me the bandaid he had on was full and it was streaming down his face. I changed the bandaid, not once but twice. The second was just after a bit as I wanted him to have a fresh one when he went to bed. I could tell it was slowing down and I knew I would get the same advice if I called the nurse again. I check the bandaid a few times before I went to bed, making sure it didn't look worse and it didn't. Although by morning, it was full again but none on the face.

Knowing I still can't go off base without a lot of hassle to get back on I had got the number for the TMC from a friend of mine the night before. That's Troop Medical Clinic, which is located here on base. When I called, I got some of the same but a sure bring him in and we'll check. Then she decided to just give me an appt. So we went in at 10:20 to be seen. The Dr checked it out and applied butterfly bandages and then a regular bandaid. My new instructions are to leave the butterfly bandages on and change the bandaid every other day. People were saying the liquid stitches/glue isn't as good of a hold for kids. I'm so glad they did at least something.

I took this picture Wednesday.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I took a peek under the bandaid today. It looks like it bleed a tiny bit more onto the butterfly bandages but you can't tell otherwise and it isn't like it was.

Needless to say, we handled everything ok with Jesse gone but that doesn't mean we didn't miss him. In fact one thing I have learned this week, I'm really not complete without him. He is only in TX just away from us right now and I miss him so. It certainly isn't going to be easy when he is on the other side of the world.

3 comments:

Mom Jones said...

Christopher! Grandma Jones is sending you kisses all the way to Texas! OUCH! The first picture made my stomach hurt -- the second picture is so sweet. And Emma! Stop clobbering your brother! :)

"On the other side of the world" sounds horrific ... but remember:
"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, EVEN THERE your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." Psalm 139:9-10
Even in Iraq, Jesse is held tightly by the Lord! And you too, so far away in El Paso. I try to remember this!

Lindsy said...

Oh goodness Diana!! I was hoping that Griffin would've been "glued" instead of stitched, but with all the hassle you've had with Christopher maybe it is a better idea to stitch instead of glue!
Glad to hear you guys are hanging in there!!! You'll have some memorable pictures for his scrapbook :o)

Sabrina said...

YIKES! You sound like you handled the test well. Give Chris a big kiss from his Aunt Bree for me. Emma sures knows how to aim doesn't she- maybe she can go to college on a softball scholarship then! I remember doing something similar to Nick once... or maybe I just remember my dad repeating the story so many times. LOL. I'm with mom, no matter how far apart we are, God is still holding each of us in his hands. God has you both in his hands, what a comforting thought for all of us. It gives me reassurance that no matter how much I love my family, God loves them more than I can imagine and He's holding onto them for me always!