Saturday, June 16, 2007

No Stitches but...........

Friday night was kinda of eventful. The kids were all playing around with their dad. He would pretend he was asleep and they would try and wake him. Well Chris, being Chris ended up tripping, not sure if it was over his blanket or just himself but he fell into the side of the coffee table and hit one of the legs (rounded corners too). I immediately ran towards him as he shrieked out in pain although at the same time, Jes was going for him to pick him up. So instead I ran off to get something to help his head. Regardless I knew he would be bruise but at that same time, I could see he was bleeding.

I probably looked funny running off, going down the hallway, stepping towards the kitchen but going on to the bathroom where I grabbed a washcloth and wet it a bit with cold water. I ran that back to Chris who was in his daddy's arms calming down already. We pressed the cold washcloth to his head and I looked and Jesse and said "you need to take him in". My car was still sitting at the Firestone on base (thats a long story, for another day) so only Jes could go with him, then again he didn't have a child seat in the car. As he went out to ready his car, there happened to be a police car parked near by so Jesse decided to go over to him. Meanwhile I'm inside holding Chris and Matt and Emma are still running around. Moments later Jesse walks in the door with the police officer and states "an ambulance is on the way".

After awhile a fire truck arrives and the firemen assess Chris and take down information (the police officer did some of the same too). Soon after that the paramedics arrived and checked Chris out, took down information and then put him on the ambulance (well Jesse carried him out and then they strapped him in a car seat). I'm kinda now wishing I had grabbed the camera off the desk so I could show him a how he looked in the ambulance, after all, even though I couldn't go, I had to see him off (Emma and Matt too). Friends of ours even came over to make sure things were ok.

When Jesse got back with Chris (they were gone about 1.5-2 hrs), Jesse said he did really well. And when he got scared when the Dr's where cleaning his owie, Chris would ask to go back into the ambulance. I guess he really had a good time riding!

Chris with Daddy when they got home
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Today - See the bruise next to the band-aid? Most likely from the same fall, but being Chris, he also walked into the door when he was coming out of the bathroom earlier in the day, so you never know.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yeah, I'm sure he'll have a scar.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Mom Jones said...

My face is very sad looking at those pictures of Chris's owie! I am blowing him kisses from Grand Rapids! Thanks for the update and pictures, Diana ... glad everything is going to be OK. Sorry about your car -- what's going on with that?

Lindsy said...

You will have to tell Chris what my cousin told Griffin (he got his stitches about 2 weeks ago) "Chicks dig scars" LOL! Glad to hear that you guys are doing good! :o)

Sabrina said...

Oh my! Give Chris a big kiss for me and tell him I am so proud of him for being so brave with the doctors. At least nothing was broken right?